Curriculum Design and Development
We are looking for new additions to its Curriculum & Academics Department. The core responsibilities include:
• Developing online teaching & learning materials of Ontario Secondary School Diploma/AP Course Curriculum in: English, ESL, Mathematics, Science, Business & Social Sciences
• Meeting requirements of Ministry of Education expectations
• Planning instruction to maximize learning, Assessments & Final Exam (with Rubrics & Keys), Course Descriptions/ Lesson Plans
• Becoming an integral member of our Curriculum & Academics Department, by joining a fast-growing team helping to shape the future of education
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
• Members of Ontario College of Teachers with Good Standing
• Thorough understanding of Growing Success
• Required language: English
• Official School
• Tracking and reporting progress for new and current programs to the Department Head and/or Principal.
Training and Events
• Collaborates with fellow academic quality colleagues on the organization and delivery of school materials, development of best teaching practices and attending faculty development events.
• At minimum completed a Master’s Degree in Education, or a related field, with relevant experience in curriculum design and faculty development in a post-secondary education context
• Preference will be given to an earned PhD in a related discipline
• Experience in teaching the aforementioned subject areas
• Experience in Online/ E-learning preferred
• The Nice-to-Haves: Experience working with/developing online education platforms
• All candidates may be subject to a professional reference check
• Insight Academy of Canada is an equal opportunity employer
• Superior interpersonal skills including strong consultative skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team with students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds in a professional and collaborative manner
• Extensive knowledge of pedagogy, teaching and learning strategies including familiarity with teaching and learning literature, and research and scholarship methodologies in teaching and learning
• Ability to work independently to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills with demonstrated proficiency in project management.
• Knowledge of curriculum change or instructional design project management
• Excellent organizational skills, including managing multiple deadlines and tasks with competing priorities
• Familiarity with the academic mission of the Chinese education system, English Language Learners and the Ontario post-secondary education system
Note: A skills assessment test may be administered during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.